Police in Sandy Springs, Georgia, are warning residents of a scam that has been reported to them several times.
Police describe the scam as landscapers offering to spread pinestraw for $4 per bale.
The Sandy Springs Police Department recommends taking the following steps to avoid such a scam:
- Use a reputable landscape company with references available.
- Get a written estimate before any work begins
- Make sure they know to inform you immediately if there will be an increase in cost.
- Avoid having to pay up front.
- If a deal sounds too good to be true, be on high alert for a potential scam.