Early bird registration week for the 2018 Green Industry & Equipment Expo was the biggest ever, show organizers report. More than 3,000 attendees registered during the week of Sept. 3, setting a new weekly record and putting overall attendee registration 12 percent ahead of last year at this time. More than 24,000 participants are projected to be in Louisville, Kentucky, Oct. 17-19 for the annual event.
"Every indication points to the 2018 show being bigger than ever been on all fronts," says Warren Sellers, show director. "Participation from all segments of the industry is going strong. Add to that the synergy that's being generated by the new Wednesday format as well as exhibitors who are stepping up participation on the show floor — both indoors and out — and this is shaping up to be our best event yet."
- The servicing dealer registration category is up 12 percent over last year at this time. The contractor categories are up 11 percent.
- Attendee registration for Hardscape North America, co-located with GIE+Expo, is currently 11 percent ahead of last year.
- Exhibitor participation is up with about 1,000 total GIE+Expo and HNA exhibits, indoors and out. 18 percent are new exhibitors.
- The Outdoor Demonstration Area will cover more than 20 acres.
- More new product introductions are expected with over 120 products in the New Products Spotlight and 21 exhibitors hosting press conferences.