The , Fairfax, Virginia announced the recipients of its 2018 Safety Recognition Awards. The national program acknowledges green industry companies that consistently demonstrate their commitment to creating and maintaining safe work environments. NALP’s Safety Recognition Awards are open to the entire industry.
This year, 203 awards were earned for the performance period from Jan. 1, 2017, through Dec. 31, 2018. Award categories include No Vehicle Accidents, No Injuries or Illnesses, and No Days Away from Work, as well as the Overall Safety Achievement Award. Companies that participated in previous programs were also eligible for the Most Improved category.
The “Best of the Best” award was earned by the following companies who have maintained the Overall Safety Achievement Award – Gold Level status for the past three years:
- Affiliated Grounds Maintenance Group Inc. – Lake City, Pennsylvania
- Alliance Landscape Co. LLC – Fort Worth, Texas
- Arlington Lawncare & Landscape Inc. – Lake City, Pennsylvania
- B. Rushing Lawn and Landscaping Inc. – Lorton, Virginia
- Clarence Davids and Co. – Plainfield, Illinois
- Classic Landscapes Inc. – Hampton, Georgia
- Curby's Lawn and Garden LLC – Olathe, Kansas
- Quality Lawn, Landscape, and Fence Inc. – Casstown, Ohio
- Trio Outdoor Maintenance LLC – Mt. Clemens, Michigan
- United Right-Of-Way – Phoenix
To view a list of all winners, visit the .
Companies that participate in the Safety Recognition Awards Program can have reduced costly workers’ compensation claims and lower insurance premiums. Participation in the program can also help companies set a benchmark for measuring continued safety improvement and send the message to employees that their safety is a priority. Learn more about the Safe Company Program .