Under joint sponsorship with the , Fairfax, Virginia, and the , Lisle, Illinois, this event is organized to increase the water industry’s profile on Capitol Hill regarding the availability, quality and safety of the nation’s water resources.
The fly-in aims to ensure members of Congress are aware of the important role groundwater plays in providing drinking water, supporting agriculture and fueling various sectors of the economy.
While the 2019 focus topics and schedule are still in the planning stages, tentative plans include:
- a briefing session on the major issues facing groundwater professionals;
- guest speakers from Capitol Hill, the administration and others;
- a day of Capitol Hill meetings arranged by NGWA staff;
- a networking reception with colleagues from the IA and WQA;
- and tips for continued grassroots activities when back home.
Visit NGWA’s for more information.