A tragic reminder of the importance of taking proper safety precautions on the job. The second of two landscapers overcome by carbon monoxide fumes back in December while working at a condominium complex in Washington Township, New Jersey, has died.
According to an article on The Daily Voice website, the incident occurred because a lawn mower was left running inside a closed trailer on Dec. 11. Police found both men on the ground, not breathing, at a 17-acre condominium complex. Both landscape workers were given CPR at the scene and rushed to a nearby hospital.
The first victim, a 26-year-old landscaper died soon after the incident. The other victim was taken off life support in mid-January. The trailer belongs to AJR Landscaping of Cresskill, New Jersey.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration along with local law enforcement were investigating the incident.