The National Association of Landscape Professionals, Fairfax, Virginia, has announced that its Safety Recognition Awards program is now accepting applications.
According to NALP, the Safety Recognition Awards can reduce workers’ compensation claims by improving companies’ safety practices and set a benchmark for measuring their safety programs.
NALP also says participating in the awards can help companies have lower insurance premiums because insurance companies value participation in these types of safety programs.
To apply, a company must:
- Answer questions and submit data about its safety record on the application form
- Complete the OSHA Form 300 A “Summary of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses” form
- Provide a Vehicle Loss Run Report/Vehicle Claims Summary Report
- Pay an entry fee
Award categories include:
- No Vehicle Accidents
- No Injuries and Illnesses
- No Days Away from Work
- Most Improved (for companies who participated in previous years)
- Overall Safety Achievement Award (measures combined fleet and employee incident rates)
- Best of the Best (for companies that have received the Overall Safety Achievement Award–Gold Performance status for three consecutive years)
For more information or to enter, visit NALP’s website. The deadline to apply is April 30, 2019.