The Irrigation Foundation, Fairfax, Virginia, has announced the winners of its 2019 Irrigation Foundation scholarship program. The program awarded 21 scholarships to recipients studying and pursuing careers in the irrigation field. The annual program, started in 2016, has awarded 57 students since inception.
The scholarships, ranging from $1,000 to $2,500, were awarded based on the candidate’s letter of intent, financial need, resume, list of irrigation courses and letters of reference.
The 21 students are enrolled in associate to graduate programs with an irrigation focus. All of the recipients have a passion for irrigation and are well on their way to a career in the irrigation industry.
The winners of the 2019 Irrigation Foundation scholarship program:
- Forrest Beasley – Mississippi State University
- Jonathan Bender – Walla Walla Community College
- Corey Conway – University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Kelly Drechsler – University of California, Davis
- Levi Dreiling – Kansas State University
- Miranda Felix – Cal Poly, Pomona
- Kenzy Fogle – Utah State University
- Kasandra Hernandez – Cuyahoga Community College
- Javier Herrera – California State University, Fresno
- Bradley Hill – Brigham Young University-Idaho
- Austin Hopkins – Brigham Young University
- Jonathon Hubble – California State University, Fresno
- Kyle Liebnitz – Kansas State University
- Justin Miller – Diablo Valley College
- Mairead Mooney – Texas A&M University
- Stephen Ortiz – Modesto Junior College
- Peyton South – Kansas State University
- Kara Stenger – MiraCosta College
- Blake Struthers – North Dakota State University
- Alexis Thomas – Brigham Young University-Idaho
- Elisa Anne Woolley – Brigham Young University
The 2020 scholarship program will open this fall with a deadline of Feb. 15, 2020. To learn more about program requirements and the application process, visit www.irrigation.org/scholarships.