The Turf & Ornamental Communicators Association, New Prague, Minnesota, honored winners of its annual communications awards during its 30th annual meeting, held April 30-May 2, in Charlotte, North Carolina. And in its first year entering, Irrigation & Green Industry was a winner in multiple categories.
This year’s contest drew 362 entries. TOCA’s communications contest recognizes individuals for excellence in writing, design, photography/audio visual, new media and special projects. The top winners from the marketing and publishing categories received Gardner Awards. IGIN was recognized for the following:
2019 Gardner Award
- Design – Publishing: Single-page design, editorial – printed magazines – Karen Carr “Social Media Notes”
- Publishing – Special Projects/Programs: Best Single Issue: October 2018 – Kristin Smith-Ely, Mary Villano, Karen Carr
- Design: Media Kit – Karen Carr
- Design: Single-page design, editorial – printed magazines – Karen Carr “Social Media Notes”
- Business management – commercial publications: “Why Landscape Businesses Fail” (August 2018) – Mary Villano
- Design: Cover page design - printed magazines: "Labor Crisis" (June 2018) - Karen Carr
- Photography – Video – Multimedia: Best use of photography judging three issues of a magazine – Karen Carr
TOCA serves communicators in the green industry by fostering an open exchange of information regarding issues that affect how they convey information to their various audiences. More information about the organization and an entire list of 2019 award winners are available at www.toca.org.