The Toro Company, Bloomington, Minnesota, is now accepting applicants for its 2019 Greenspace Enhancement Grant Program. The program pairs Toro’s commitment to building strong communities with the desire to preserve and promote outdoor environments worldwide.
Grant consideration will be given to nonprofit organizations that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- The creation, rehabilitation and/or enhancement of community gardens for education and to serve the needs of the community.
- To beautify, create and enrich outdoor environments of our neighborhoods and/or school grounds.
- To revitalize and maintain parks and other public greenspaces by planting trees, grass, shrubs or plants, and upgrading or adding efficient irrigation systems.
- Alignment with The Toro Company's Purpose statement, To help our customers enrich the beauty, productivity and sustainability of the land.
- Impact on beautification and/or increased utilization of a public green space.
- Success in building broader community involvement in its initiative.
- Tangible/visible results creating healthy and sustainable outdoor environments.
The deadline to apply is Aug. 2, 2019. Grant funds will be awarded in November 2019. Learn more by visiting Toro’s website.