The National Association of Landscape Professionals, Fairfax, Virginia, is accepting nominations for its Young Entrepreneur Award. This award recognizes a member of the association who has demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit and initiative, ensured advancement of the landscape industry by actions and endeavors, and serves as a shining example to current and future young entrepreneurs. The recipient will be recognized at the National Collegiate Landscape Competition March 18 to 21, 2020, in East Lansing, Michigan.
This award can be self-nominating or nominated by a peer.
- Must be 40 years of age or under at time of application.
- Enrolled in or graduated from a college or university horticultural program.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit and initiative and serves as an inspiration to others pursuing a landscape industry career.
- Own, operate or serve in a management-level capacity at a landscape service contractor business (Company must be a current member of NALP as a landscape industry contractor).
- Show outstanding contributions to company growth
- Display leadership and community service involvement
The deadline to enter is Sept. 1, 2019. To submit a nomination, click here.
Past award recipients include:
- 2019 – Casey Hurd, Greenscapes Land Care, LLC
- 2018 - Zeke Cooper, Managing Principal Aniwaya Design, Inc.
- 2017 - Mark Maslow, Southern Landscape Group
- 2016 - Rudy Larsen, Lawn Butler
- 2015 - Jeremy Thorne, ThorneCare Landscape Solutions, LLC