The Orange County chapter of the California Landscape Contractors Association recently announced its 2019 Beautification Awards honoring 16 local landscape contractors for excellence in landscape installation and maintenance, and demonstrating the best quality, construction, originality, and attention to detail on projects completed within the last year.A total of 50 awards were presented in 25 categories culled from 92 entries, which encompassed residential and commercial landscape construction, maintenance and renovation, along with water features, outdoor lighting and water-saving California-friendly landscaping.
The five top award winners are:
- Sweepstakes Award for the best overall entry from all categories to SoCal Concepts Inc. of Irvine for the Irvine Bungalow project in Irvine.
- Allen Chariton Memorial Judges’ Award for the best landscape maintenance to Wm. Vandergeest Landscape Care of Irvine for the Jamboree Center Office Complex maintenance project in Irvine.
- Brilliance Award for the best overall lighting project combining workmanship, craftsmanship and creativity to SoCal Concepts, Inc. of Irvine for the Ueberroth project in Corona Del Mar.
- Robert Wade Memorial President’s Award for best landscape installation, landscape renovation, or water conservation to Roger’s Gardens Landscaping of Newport Beach for the Yvon project in Newport Beach.
- Humanitarian Award for community project on which labor, services and/or materials were donated by a CLCA member to Tropical Plaza Nursery of Villa Park for the Irvine Ranch Water District in Irvine.
Multiple award winners included (each received 2-8 awards):
- Mission Landscape Companies, Inc. of Irvine
- RC Landscape and Construction of Lake Forest
- Richard Cohen Landscape & Construction of Lake Forest
- Roger’s Gardens Landscaping of Corona del Mar
- SoCal Concepts of Irvine
- Tropical Plaza Nursery of Villa Park
- Terra Prima, Inc. of Corona del Mar
- Wm. Vandergeest Landscape Care of Irvine
- Bemus Landscape of Newport Beach
- Marina Landscape of Anaheim
- Las Flores Landscape of Orange
Companies receiving a single award included:
- Pacific Breeze Landscape of Huntington Beach
- Nor-Land Landscaping Co. of Laguna Niguel
- Glen’s Landscaping of San Clemente
- Cornerstone Landscape Care, Inc. of Santa Ana
Award entries are judged by a panel of expert CLCA members who closely inspect each nomination for the quality of workmanship and materials utilized. Each landscaping entry must adhere to industry standards and have demonstrated proper execution.The judges for this year’s Beautification Awards were:
- Henry Buder, Henry Buder’s Landscape Restoration
- Rick Harlow, Orange Coast College
- Charles Nunley, Past CLCA State President
- David Oborn, FX Luminaire
- Bruce Dennis, Lightcraft Outdoor
CLCA is an active force in the statewide effort to conserve water. As water-efficient irrigation experts, many members are invaluable sources for consultations on planning and installing water-saving irrigation systems. CLCA also conducts an active public information program on landscape water management.
About California Landscape Contractors’ Association, CLCA is a non-profit, statewide trade association of licensed landscape and landscape-related specialty contractors. The Orange County chapter is one of the largest chapters in California with approximately 200 members. Follow the CLCA Orange County chapter on Facebook and Twitter and on the web at www.clca-orangecounty.org.