WaterSense, a program sponsored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency that is both a label for water-efficient products and a resource for helping save water, annually recognizes partners who have gone above and beyond in supporting WaterSense.
The 2019 WaterSense Sustained Excellence Award winners, Partners of the Year, and Excellence Award winners were announced Oct. 3 at the WaterSmart Innovations Conference and Exposition in Las Vegas.
WaterSense and its more than 2,000 utility, manufacturer, retail, builder and other organizational partners provide consumers and businesses with water-efficient products, homes, and programs to help them defeat water waste. Since 2006, WaterSense partners have helped save 3.4 trillion gallons of water.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is pleased to recognize nine Sustained Excellence, three Partner of the Year Award winners, and 13 Excellence Award winners for helping to advance specific aspects of the WaterSense program and contributing to an annual savings of 725 billion gallons of water.
2019 WaterSense Sustained Excellence Award Winners:
- Athens-Clarke County (Georgia) Public Utilities Department
- City of Charlottesville (Virginia)
- Citrus County (Florida) Utilities
- Cobb County (Georgia) Water System
- Metropolitan North Georgia Water Planning District
- American Standard, Part of LIXIL
- Delta Faucet Company
- Sonoma-Marin (California) Saving Water Partnership
- KB Home
2019 WaterSense Partners of the Year:
- The Broward (Florida) Water Partnership
- The City of Plano (Texas)
- Upper San Gabriel Valley (California) Municipal Water District
2019 WaterSense Excellence Award Winners:
- The City of Allen (Texas)
- City of Durham (North Carolina) Water Management
- City of Frisco (Texas)
- City of Sacramento (California) Department of Utilities
- Irvine Ranch (California) Water District
- Polk County (Florida) Utilities
- Sonoma Marin (California) Saving Water Partnership
- Alliance for Water Efficiency
- San Antonio (Texas) Water System
- Niagara Conservation
- San Diego (California) County Water Authority
- The Toro Company
- Hunter Industries