The California Landscape Contractors Association, Sacramento, California, recently presented Trophy Awards to California landscape contractors during its annual convention. Below are the year’s top winners.
- Van Slyke Landscape Inc. received the Jon R. Alsdorf Memorial Award for their work on the Tuomi Residence in San Diego County.
- Korotkin Associates received the Excelsior Award for their work on the Filmore Heritage Center in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Confidence Landscaping Inc. received both the Special Effects Award and Stuart J. Sperber Memorial Sweepstakes Award for their work on the Perry/Bjedov Residence in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Jensen Landscape Contractors Inc. received the Herb Frank Memorial Award for their work on the Moffett Towers II in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Alpine Landscapes received the John Redmond Memorial Award for their work on the Sakata Seed America project in the Central Coast.
- Creative Environments received the Gary Vallen Memorial Award for their work on the Reed-George Residence in the North Coast.
The following received the Nelson Colvin Humanitarian Award:
- The San Diego Chapter of CLCA received First Place for their work on the Teri Outdoor Teaching Garden.
- The Los Angeles / San Gabriel Valley Chapter of CLCA received two Outstanding Achievement Awards for their work on the 22nd Street Park Chapter Project and the Wilmington Dog Park project.
“The CLCA is thrilled to recognize all the landscapers and award-wining projects. Our association’s core goal is to support and encourage our very talented members to create beautiful landscapes that positively impact those around them,” says Sandra Giarde, CLCA executive director. “It is a great honor to present these Trophy Awards because of how recognizable the talent is and how the hard work shines through each project. We are proud to be a part of such community and look to inspire future entries for years to come to continue to grow.”
The Trophy Awards were established to encourage interest in landscaping, recognize crafts people who produce outstanding landscapes, create pride in superior workmanship and bestow public recognition on companies, institutions, municipalities and residents for their interest in a beautiful California. A total of 48 awards were presented. Two highly regarded landscape contractors traveled state-wide to personally inspect each and every one of the Trophy Award entrants. The judges rated projects on their artistic and technical merits.