Due to the COVID-19 heath crisis, the Irrigation Association, Fairfax, Virginia, has decided to cancel the in-person Faculty Academy events to protect the health and safety of its attendees, instructors and community. In place of the in-person events, the IA will host a series of free webinars ranging from one to two hours in length. The IA hopes that these webinars will reach a large number of instructors and be accessed by those who might not have been able to attend.
On June 11-12, a series of agriculture Faculty Academy webinars will be held covering the following topics:
- Adaptive Irrigation Management Using FARMs
- Automation and Monitoring Tools for Ag
- Frost Protection and Overhead Cooling Applications
- Irrigation Design
- Remote Sensing and Use of Aerial Imagery in Ag
On June 17-19, a series of landscape Faculty Academy webinars will be held covering the following topics:
- Irrigation Components
- Marketplace Trends and Regulatory Updates
- Pump Sizing 101
- Teaching Trends and Roundtable Discussion
- Understanding Basic Pumping Systems
- The Why Behind Irrigation
Registration for the live webinars will be limited and only available to instructors at high schools, community colleges and four-year universities. All webinars will be recorded and available on the IA website after the live event.
Register for one or all of them by May 15. There is a separate registration for each event. To view the complete webinar schedule and register for either event, click here.