The Green Industry Hall of Fame revealed its 2020 inductees to be honored at the first-ever televised ceremony from the Sherman Library and Gardens in Corona del Mar, California. Since 2003 industry professionals have been honored for their lifetime commitment to the green industry. This year the following inductees are acknowledged:
- Chris Davey, The Toro Company
- John Greenlee, Greenlee & Associates
- Walt Hagen*, J Hagen Associates (posthumous induction)
- Don and Dave Hendrickson, Hendrickson Bros.
- John Hourian, Hourian Associates
- Kathy Kellogg Johnson, Kellogg Garden Products
- Lebo Newman, Signature Coast Holdings
“There are so many people in the green industry that have contributed amazing things that get nominated that it takes us a whole year to select the inductees,” says Charles Nunley, GIHOF co-founder.
“By far this was the toughest year selecting inductees,” says Richard Daigle, co-founder.
Traditionally the GIHOF Awards Ceremony has been a sit-down gala of family, friends and colleagues held at banquet facilities. The pandemic has forced venues to close for an uncertain amount of time. The Sherman Library and Gardens in Corona del Mar has been open for visitors and welcomes this event with open arms. The inductions will be filmed for television to air 9 a.m., Nov. 7, 2020, on the program “Things Green” via PBS|KLCS TV. In all other areas, the simulcast can be watched online.