The Irrigation Association, Fairfax, Virginia, announced the winners of its 2021 scholarship program. In its fifth year, the program awarded 10 scholarships to deserving recipients studying and pursuing careers in the irrigation field.
The 10 students are from colleges and universities around the nation and are enrolled in associate to graduate programs with an irrigation focus. The scholarships, ranging from $1,000 to $2,500, were awarded based on the candidate’s letter of intent, financial need, resume, list of irrigation courses and letters of reference.
Since the program’s inception in 2016, 89 students have been awarded scholarships.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2021 Irrigation Association scholarship program:
- Tracinal Carr – Shasta College
- Erick Cervantes – Fresno State University
- Herbert Franklin – Florida A&M University
- Blake Kessler – Ohio State University Agricultural Technical Institute
- Brett Lynn – University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Kayla Morrison – Oklahoma State University
- In Owad – Kansas State University
- Zachary Rosenkrans – Kansas State University
- Kiera Scott – California State University-Fresno
- Connor Sinks – Kansas State University
The 2022 scholarship program will open this fall with a deadline of Feb. 15, 2022. To learn more about program requirements and the application process, visit www.irrigation.org/scholarships. Please contact Senior Administration Manager Nicole Preisner (email@example.com, 703.536.7080) with any questions.