Magid, Romeoville, Illinois, a manufacturer of personal protective equipment innovations, will host a virtual event on industrial heat safety July 13 at 11 a.m. Central Daylight Time titled “Cracking the Code on Industrial Heat Safety.” This webinar will include experts on heat illness prevention, discussing heat safety in the industrial space, with a focus on common heat illness causes and prevention tips you can implement.
- Douglas Casa, Ph.D., ATC, FACSM, FNATA, FNAK is a renowned heat expert and author from the University of Connecticut and the Korey Stringer Institute. The mission of KSI is to provide research, education, advocacy, and consultation, to maximize performance, optimize safety, and prevent sudden death for the laborer, warfighter and athlete.
- Margret Morrissey is the director of occupational safety from the University of Connecticut and KSI and the president of the National Heat Safety Coalition. Her primary research interests focus on prevention of heat-related illnesses and injuries in working populations, exertional heat stroke and thermoregulatory responses while working in the heat.
- Matt Block is the director of health and safety services at Magid Glove and Safety. He serves as a technical advisor on OSHA compliance issues and sits on numerous safety regulatory committees including the International Safety Equipment Association and the American National Standards Institute.
- Chris Valletta is the co-founder and president of Mission, a textile engineering firm specializing in the development of instant body cooling gear. He is also an award-winning entrepreneur, author, media contributor and former NFL player.
Participants in this 90-minute virtual session will
- Learn about the various types of exertional heat illness, occupational factors contributing to exertional heat illness and preventive strategies to protect workers from occupational heat strain.
- Receive expert advice on the unique challenges of industrial heat safety.
- Learn about the heat safety solutions and get a sneak peek at innovations in development.
- Be the first to hear about the upcoming National Heat Safety Coalition and what it means for industrial heat safety.
All attendees will receive a free heat safety resource bundle and certificate of completion that can be submitted for CEU certification hours.